From hype to a global reality – the South African AI Association vision has been shaped by analysing the global and local landscape, identifying needs and filling the blanks with research. This has revealed both the challenges and opportunities AI and related smart technologies can bring to South Africa for both citizens and the wider economy. Our vision is evidence based with responsible, human centric AI as its foundation.
Our mission is to engage both individuals and organisations, novices and experts, those who are connected and not connected so no one is left behind. It is of vital importance that the opportunities Artificial Intelligence presents are possible and available for everyone to embrace. Therefore our mission is underpinned by ten key objectives.
Our research has shown that AI and related automation technologies are currently impacting 120+ traditional industries globally AND creating new opportunities and challenges in timescale never seen before. The speed of this disruption is faster than any other industrial revolution that has gone before it.
SAAIA seeks to encourage stakeholders in the adoption of responsible AI for the commercial and societal benefit of the citizens of South Africa with a primary focus on economic growth, trade, investment, fairness, equality and inclusivity.
- Serve as the voice of the industry
- Provide analysis & research to inform strategy & decision making
- Help National, Provincial & City Governments with policy making
- Unite buyers and suppliers to grow the economy
- Connect SMMEs to funding to create new companies & jobs
- Attract FDI to South Africa as the “4IR gateway” to Africa
- Help African smart tech companies find markets abroad
- Showcase the best of South African AI Innovation & Research
- Promote debate on inclusion, ethics, regulation & standards
- Share best practice & education resources for all