Welcome to the
South African Artificial Intelligence Association
A platform for collaboration and knowledge-sharing among AI professionals and enthusiasts in South Africa.
The South African Artificial Intelligence Association (SAAIA) is an industry body focused on promoting the advancement of responsible AI in South Africa by uniting practitioners across Commercial, Government, Academic, Startup and NGO sectors.
Join us in shaping the future of South Africa with AI innovation and inclusivity
SAAIA seeks to encourage stakeholders in the adoption of responsible AI for the commercial and societal beneﬁt of the citizens of South Africa with a primary focus on economic growth, trade, investment, equality and inclusivity.
- Serve as the voice of the industry
- Provide analysis & research to inform strategy & decision making
- Help National, Provincial & City Governments with policy making
- Unite buyers and suppliers to grow the economy
- Connect SMMEs to funding to create new companies & jobs
- Attract FDI to South Africa as the “4IR gateway” to Africa
- Help African smart tech companies find markets abroad
- Showcase the best of South African AI Innovation & Research
- Promote debate on inclusion, ethics, regulation & standards
- Share best practice & education resources for all
What you get in return?
- Contribute to the community & have your say
- Take part in dialogues, surveys & research
- Exclusive invite to the mid-year leadership event
- Membership to private LinkedIn Group
- Complimentary copy of The State of AI in Africa Report
- Invites to unique online events and seminars
- Inclusion on our quarterly news mailer
- Access to 4x editions of Synapse Magazine / year
- Listing of your company in our directory & logo on website
- Invite to private VIP opening reception the AI Expo Africa conference & summit
- Plus more – See full list of benefits at the membership page